Tips for a Safe and Successful Class
Your experience at J Draper Glass is valuable to us.
Here are some tips to prepare you for your lesson in the hot glass studio. We hope you have a blast with us and will continue to come back for more lessons. Safety is #1 with us.
Below will be the most important concerns to be aware of.
- Assume everything is hot. Listen to your instructor for tools to touch and places to stand when you are creating.
- Wear comfortable natural fiber clothing. Jeans and t-shirts are great.
- Wear flat close-toed shoes.
- Tie back long hair. Long hair is defined as anything that hangs forward or covers eyes.
- Anything that hangs away from the body (long necklaces, scarves, etc) should be left at home or removed before the class.
- Arrive well hydrated.
- If you have plans before or after your lesson, feel free to bring the appropriate attire and change at the studio.
- We will provide safety glasses, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- We look forward to providing you with a wonderful safe hot glass experience!